1. When I saw these sweets in Japan I knew I had to buy them as souvenirs purely for the cute, Russian doll packaging! The didn’t taste great.. but the packaging guys…
2. A nice little ceramic dish also picked up in Japan. I loved the inky-blue colour and thought it would be perfect for storing my everyday jewellery in – or maybe even some pen nibs or something. The little, plastic macarons were bought in the Philippines from a stationery shop called Expressions. Not quite sure what I’m going to do with them just yet. My map watch was bought from Urban Outfitters – not a souvenir from this trip but I thought the dish would be a good place for it to live in. I wear it most days, so it’s getting old but I still love the design.
3. Acrylic storage – for either make-up or stationery, brush pens and highlighters all from Muji.
4. I almost forgot to post about this, but just before I went away I won a giveaway hosted by the lovely Jane at deluminators.blogspot.com. Thank you so much again! I love how much thought went into this package. I’ve loved the teas I’ve tried so far, but I’m trying to save each one as a treat so they last longer! (Emphasis on trying!) I’ve started reading the book too, but I’m waiting for a quieter evening so I can really get into it!
5. One thing that was on my bucket list for Japan was to visit a Purikura booth. It’s a photobooth on a different scale! You can go crazy with editing. The one we went in automatically made our eyes huge and dark. I thought I’d covered the photos with plenty of text and clip-art, but according to a friend who now resides in Japan there wasn’t enough! I’ll remember to over-do it next time.
6. Everything together, plus my Butter Beer mug and ticket stubs from the Subway and Universal Studios Japan – loved that place!
If you’d like to read my posts on Japan and the Philippines you can find these here in the Travel section.