Continuing with my food bucket list I finally stopped by Five Guys the other week to see what all of the fuss was about. There is one opening in Sheffield soon, but a lot later than expected, so we visited the next nearest one after taking care of a few errands. Five Guys has been on my list for a while, but with it being so far away and overcrowded I guess it just got placed at the bottom of the list. But with one just opening in Leeds, we couldn’t not go!
– A nice, clean, simple interior with an American feel to it.
– Friendly, helpful staff with quite a speedy service.
– You pay for the burger then you can choose as many toppings as you want for free.
– Amazing fries! I tend to be put off ordering fries if I know they aren’t the real deal. So the fact they cook their fries with the skins on in peanut oil is a definite win for me. It creates just the right balance of textures.
– I love how all the burgers come wrapped in foil, so by the time you open it all the cheese has just melted beautifully.
– They have a coca cola machine with over 100+ flavour combinations. I’m not so keen on fizzy drinks myself but even I was bedazzled by the amount of possible choices. After dithering for a good five minutes, I ended up going for a Summer Punch Fanta!
– Quite expensive compared to other places
– The burger patty quality is good but isn’t anything outstanding. However if they had Byron Burger‘s pattys, that would be a total game changer.
I would definitely go again, in fact, I’ve been craving it ever since.
Side note: I’m quite enjoying putting up these food reviews, I’ve always enjoyed reading them on other people’s blogs. I like that they give me a chance to do a bit of food photography whilst reliving the moment. Plus, before I go anywhere I always like to do a bit of research, so it’s nice to be potentially helping others out! Btw I would love to know where your favourite burger place is!
Have a great week everyone!